• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unidentified medal find

8 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I have had this for years and i have been unable to "sell" it as i love the work put in to the item.

Also i have never tried to identify it anyone got any ideas

It is probably brass with enamel Yellow flower in the middle, red enamel in the quarters and white on the tips

The legend says IMPERIUM ET LIBERTAS with blue enamel also there seems to be an entwined PL below the ET

The reverse has a clasp and a hook With RD 41563 and JB and a symbol which looks like a Mitsubishi car badge

to me it looks like a ladys item !

P1010003-2.jpg

P1010004-2.jpg

Begin your search with the "Primrose League", as that is the five-petaled flower on the badge. My guess is ca. 1890.

Edited to add: the monogram at the bottom of the badge is "PL".

Hi there after looking at the web site it seems to be a Dame president or a ruling councilor after Jan 1886 / Before Jan 1887.

wonder whos it was hm

There is a slender connection to coins with this item, and that's the only reason I had any clue about it at all.

You can see a primrose on the back of some of our U.S. Colonial coinage:

208043009r.jpg

I don't know anything about "the Dame", however!