• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did things coins deserve being Body Bagged?

37 posts in this topic

It still does it though! Anyways, I have never done it. I wanted to see what your reaction was.

I don't know what to believe. But this seems fishy. I like you, you get into some cool stuff with the errors and all. However, if you do doctor coins, that is unacceptable, at least in these parts.

Not me physics fan. Just because I know how doesn't mean I do.

Well since the coin is ruined you can use some lapping compound to get rid of the hair lines. Then you can resubmit the coin for grading. Odds are they will come back graded since the hair lines are now gone. I have done this many times with good success.

doesnt matter if you say now that it isnt true that you do it, but once you say something like that credability is gone! and again i hope ngc has taken note !

Well since the coin is ruined you can use some lapping compound to get rid of the hair lines. Then you can resubmit the coin for grading. Odds are they will come back graded since the hair lines are now gone. I have done this many times with good success.

doesnt matter if you say now that it isnt true that you do it, but once you say something like that credability is gone! and again i hope ngc has taken note !

You took the bait for real?

Wow...this is upsetting....this whole slab thing...even the best, PCGS and NGC, is (are) starting to nag at me just a bit. Believe me, as a kid way back in the days before plastic had even been dreamed of (?) I was happy to get my hands on anything (coins...that is). Then I went through the stage more recently where if it wasn't in a slab...I didn't give it a second thought. Now...I'm torn.

In a way, the coin hobby now reminds me of baseball cards. My son was hooked (if I EVER hear the name Jose Canseco again I think I'll puke) and he invested a lot of his teen earnings (and Dad's supplements) in " rare" cards...well we all know that baseball cards are far more useful on bicycle spokes (wow...does THAT date me!!!) and even slabbed cards, a trap that we fortunately avoided, are kaput except for the real classic rarities of course. .

Someone please reassure me that the coin market isn't going the same way. I think the major recent turnoff for me was the green "football stickers". The crappy slabbers out there haven't done much for the hobby either. I maintain my faith in the top 2, but lately...it just doesn't all seem as much fun. I'll always love the hobby...but not what's happening to it at the moment. And don't get me going on all the new "mint ERRORS".

I've said it before...I believe that new young collectors are a having a tough time of it and I feel that THAT is a real loss to them and the hobby.

On the bright side it's not snowing here! :>)

Have a good evening.

RI Al