• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a coin you believe to have original surfaces...

54 posts in this topic

My safe deposit box. ;)

The pic does not do the coin justice.

I've offered to image it for you! Still would do it....

Thanks, but don't have insurance for it's full value in transit so I'm leaving it put for now.

Here's a copper piece that I vacillated on before the purchase but was quite happy when it arrived. The color looked a bit off at first but I fairly certain the surfaces are original... Sorry for my cr@ppy images, but the woodgrain appearance on the reverse is quite pleasant in hand...

1835_HalfCent_obv-1.jpg

1835_HalfCent_rev.jpg

I bought this one because I believe it has original surfaces. BTW – I am more than open to constructive criticism should folks disagree about this coin or any other. I’m always interested in learning (thumbs u

Oregon.jpg

Pretty cool story to go with those coins, jman425. This may be too sensitive a question, but were they held in a camp?
I don't think so, but they had to live in the city that was Japanese controlled.

I don't know the full story, but these coins, along with about 100 US/Philippine WWII coins, were passed on to me in a tin box when I was a child. After looking at the dates closely, I realized that these were collected during the war (the US coins probably from GIs that landed and retook the country in 1944) and have not been touched since. The lastest dated Philippine coin was 1945, in unc condition.