• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For my 1500th post...

35 posts in this topic

My Guess ..

Engineering and Physics Lab Technician

U.S. General Services Administration (GSA)

FDA Engineering and Physics Lab

White Oak, Maryland

Kinda Coin Related too :)

Some good guesses here. Just a reminder that we will play until Tuesday evening, so you've got one more day to make a guess! Come on, there's more people out there that haven't guessed yet, I know.

Well, I guess that's it. There have been some great guesses, I think my favorite has to be the Zamboni Driver (although winemaker comes in a close second :) )

And now, the rest of the story...

So, I moved to Lafayette, Louisiana. I know, you are thinking "What?" I got a job with Baker Hughes Inteq, and I am a "Measurement While Drilling Field Service Engineer" working out on oil rigs. Now you are really surprised. I told you it was nothing like what you thought it would be! In fact, I am out in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico right now, in 2800 feet of water.

Basically, we have a suite of tools that they send down the hole while they are drilling, and it tells them what direction they are going, and all kinds of information about the type of rocks they are drilling through. The tools are mighty high tech, so that is why I didn't mind the drastic shift in focus. Besides, the pay is extremely good (I am making over $20 grand a year better than my friends working at NASA). So, I got a really cool, really good paying job, and I am happy.

I guess no one even came close to guessing my job and company, but a couple of you came pretty close by guessing Houston. EZ_E won, because he guessed it first. Obviously, since I am in the middle of the ocean right now, it might take a while for me to send your prize. I am scheduled to be back on shore on Jan. 28, so just PM me your address (or the address of a deserving YN, if you would rather) and I will get it shipped out as soon as I can.

For now, Ahoy, ye landlubbers!

PS. Arch, could you change the title of the post to add "Answer revealed". I went to edit it, but I guess the time window has elapsed.

^^ Woo-Hoo! ^^

The first YN who responds can get the quarter in my place. (thumbs u

And just because you may act like a child (er, um, Mr. Machuga) doesn't mean that you are actually a YN... So keep it fair. :grin:

^^ Woo-Hoo! ^^

The first YN who responds can get the quarter in my place. (thumbs u

And just because you may act like a child (er, um, Mr. Machuga) doesn't mean that you are actually a YN... So keep it fair. :grin:

I had no intention of making that claim.............................

once I read your post.

Chris