• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll: Do you feel some sort of compulsion to buy whatever the mint releases?

Do you feel compelled to buy something just because the mint is selling it?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel compelled to buy something just because the mint is selling it?

36 posts in this topic

The Mint releases a lot of business strikes and NCLT that many people like to collect, both classics and moderns.

I don't feel a great need to acquire many modern NCLT (which seems to be the jist of the OP) because the coin market is currently strong and many of the coins aren't especially rare.

Do you feel some sort of compulsion to buy whatever the mint releases?

NO. I gave up on that when all of the gold, silver and platinum coins came out. If I had bought all of that stuff every year I would have not have any money left for anything else. I stopped collecting mint sets too. They always played second fiddle to Proof set for me, and I gave up on that series a few years ago.

The only things I keep up with are the two Proof sets each year, and the current commemorative coins excluding the First Spouse series. In the future I might state buying these coins in the secondary market. For the recent Proof sets I would have been money ahead if I had done that.