• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peace dollar 1935 s

7 posts in this topic

Hlo ppl

Hey any of you old time collectors out there know anything about the 1935 s peace dollar............Ive seen some with 3 rays and now just stumbled on a few with the 4th ray on back like the 1921 ?

Mintage numbers would be cool !

thanks

The 1935-S comes with both (3) and (4) rays. I am aware of no premium for the (4) ray. According to David Bowers, they are about equal in quantity.

Thanks Cam and Old Trader for the response................

I dont know for some reason I was thinking it could have been something like the 8 feathered 1878 Morgan where they knew the number of them minted.

Well maybe its written down there some where.............hopefully...........:)

Hey but thanks again

zz

I typically don`t follow VAM`s but, according to this site, There`s a VAM associated with the 1935 - S. It`s a VAM 4 DDR with Four Rays. I don`t know how many or how few of the 1935 - S with Four Rays are a VAM 4. But if you find one that qualifies as a VAM 4, it would call for a premium since it`s a Top 50 VAM.

http://www.vamlink.com/Peace$%20Top%2050.htm