• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the CAC sticker Fairy floating around the Heritage coin vaults ?

63 posts in this topic

I personally am approximately 100 times more concerned about fake slabs than I am fake stickers. If you buy a coin with a fake sticker, at worst you have a coin authenticated by a TPG at a particular grade. If you buy a coin in a fake slab, who knows what you have, and there is no guarantee whatsoever.

Damn! Before you know it, we'll have to examine the coins themselves. :eek:

;)

:signfunny:

"Don't be so certain that there won't be a database with the availability of serial number verification."

It is my understanding that in the very near future that you will be able to verify via cert #'s at CAC's web site that a coin has been approved.

I have a question here that maybe somebody can comment.

I read in Coin World where PCGS was Founded in 1985.I had also read earlier where JA was Co Founder of PCGS which means he was there at the beginning.

I had also read in Coin World that JA was the Founder of NGC which means he was there at the beginning.

There presents two questions.

1. JA quit PCGS in about a year before it really got off the ground and founded NGC or

2. He was a Cofounder of PCGS and a Founder of NGC at the same time and they are supposed to be rival TPGS.

If #1 then maybe in a year there will " DAD" which will then monitor CAC.