• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS is now undergrading coins because of the pressure from the formation of the

43 posts in this topic

How about just simply admitting that they were overgrading before? The fact(?) that they have tightened up doesn't mean that they are undergrading now.

tightening up doesn't mean under-grading, but I am talking about actual real time under-grading. I've played the game, I have a pretty good predictive rate at what PCGS will grade my coins irrespective of what I believe the 'real' grade to be, and I feel now that indeed they are actually under-grading coins. Now, that doesn't mean all the coins, but my guess is that there will be more under-graded coins now than over-graded, simply because they have gone a little beyond tighening up, in lieu of the fact that several MAJOR players in the coin industry are challenging them thru the formation of the CAC.

Excellent way to put it.

I am seeing less dreck, less blatant AT, and more accurately graded coins. I am honestly not seeing all these under graded coins you gents are speaking of. I just think we are seeing an overdue reversion by the TPG's back to traditional standards.

I just don't understand how a company like PCGS that has been in business for so long can let a new company with no roots effect the way it performs it's normal business practices.

Practices? The good ones or the bad ones? hm

lol

jom

What does this mean for ANACS since CAC is only stickering PCGS and NGC?

Does this mean that more people will go to ANACS because they think that PCGS and NGC are undergrading?