• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it wrong to leave negative feedback for an Ebay seller in this situation?

35 posts in this topic

Feedback is opinion, so I have no problem whatsoever if the buyer were to leave negative feedback. However, given what I know of the situation, I would likely leave neutral feedback and explain the concern...Mike

" Loser: seems to be a popular word with many Sellers. I have siad this before but I will say it again.

I bought a coin and the Seller did not accept Pay Pal and I could not get to the Bank so I sent a Personal check with the understanding that it would be held for 10 days. I had not problem with this as I knew the Policy.

I also received an E MAIL from him a few days later that he had received the check.On the 10th day I get an E Mail asking if I had sent Payment and also an Unpaid item filed against me. I immediately files with E bay and the guy apologized that he had made a wrong entry and had not logged it in.

He mailed out the coin that day. I gave him feedback that stated "cashed check and then filed an unpaid item on me".

I just checked the other day and his response to the feedback was " I am a Loser and that the coin was shipped promptly". It makes it look like I had lied

I contacted E BAY as the forms are all there and the evidence that I paid. I complained about his feedback.

I wrote E Bay twice and was ignored me both times.On the third time they told me that the matter was closed..

You cant get any Justice from E BAY. Your only choice is not to deal with them or just Sellers that you know are extremely reliable.

True As I mentioned earlier. This is why I have to a large extent gone to Teletrade and Heritage etc.There are a few Sellers for whici I have the utmost trust but they don't always have what I need.