• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have.................

5 posts in this topic

..........a dealer or seller in France they would like to share with us? I'll start this out:

Fabrice59

Fabrice is one whom I use quite often. He usually has a lot of French & Belgian medals at auction, but sometimes when the stock runs low, you may also find military & religious medals, postcards, periodicals, etc. Many of his auctions start at low openers, and he is very prompt at shipping with reasonable rates.

Coutchillo

Fouad, often takes a hiatus from selling on eBay to scour Europe for more material. His starting bids used to be very low, but since the price of silver started moving upward, he can be slightly high for starters. There are occasions when his listings receive no bids. Sometimes if I see something of his which interests me, I will wait until the auction ends and make him an offer. In 2005, he was gone for about three weeks and when he returned he had listed about 60 medals. I contacted him because I thought he may have been away due to illness or something. When I commented about the nice assortment he had just listed, he asked if there was anything in particular that I liked and, if so, he would remove the listing. Well, I ended up buying 44 medals in one fell swoop. James, if you're reading this, that is when I got your St. Louis medal.

Art-Medals

I don't buy from Stephane as often as I do from Fabrice & Fouad, but he usually has the largest selection of the three. Again, his BIN prices can be a little steep, but here again, he is always open to offers. I just received a nice plaquette from him today for the 1900 Universal Exposition in Paris. It is actually a medal commemorating the 1900 Olympics which were held in conjunction with the Exposition.

Well, if anyone else would like to tell us about their favorite sources from France, please do so.

Chris

It would be really awesome to find a dealer that specialized in French coinage, specifically French colonial coinage. I am trying to collect French colonial coinage (starting in the 20th century, but working backwards), and it is very hard to find the good stuff.

It would be really awesome to find a dealer that specialized in French coinage, specifically French colonial coinage. I am trying to collect French colonial coinage (starting in the 20th century, but working backwards), and it is very hard to find the good stuff.

I never really paid the coinage much attention, but try Art-Medals. He has a lot of everything. Coutchillo occasionally has some, but I don't know what condition you are after. You might also try Tarcit from Spain.

Chris

Thanks to Chris I have acquired two beautiful medals from Fabrice. A class act to say the least. (Thanks for determing the male versus female question Chris)

Rey