• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Capped Bust Board at CoinZip.com

13 posts in this topic

A pictorial site is being set up to show all varieties and die states of Bust Halves, Half-Dimes, Bust Quarters, etc.

Any one who has one of these coins is encouraged to post their coins on this site. For use in research, study and enjoyment, posts of as many specimens as possible of each variety is encouraged. Do not worry about grade or condition.

Along with photos of your coins, if you can add some comments regarding diagnostics, die cracks, strike, etc. this would be for the benefit of all.

To view what has already been posted go to: http://coinzip.proboards79.com/index.cgi

Edgar Souders is posting his coins over there. And there is a great pic of an 1817/4 O-102a that I was just looking at. This is going to be big i tell u. BIG! :insane:

Winstonware:

re Flowing Hair Halves and Draped Bust Halves:

Start posting examples of these coins on CoinZip.

After several examples are posted the Moderator/Admistrator of the site will automatically "expand" the threads (he calls them "boards") to allow for postings of each die state for each die marriage.

If you want to be more proactive - after you join that site - you can either suggest that he open Draped Busties up in anticipation of die state posting (there is a thread on the site for suggestions) or you can just PM him with your request.

I have found that he is EXTREMELY cooperative and open to suggestions.

Regards,

Ed R.

Cool site. I don’t like it when boards or books ignore the DBHs though

I would love to have a DBH by die state board......I'll build it....you gather up the DBH collectors come on over and post your coins...PM me when you get there I'm coinzip....

Alan Stullenbarger

CoinZip