• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A refund of $130 is given by the U.S. Mint to those who possess...

6 posts in this topic

on http://coinsdig.com/United+States+Mint+Will+Refund+2004+Mint+Lewis+and+Clark+Coin+and+Pouch+Set.html i have recently read that U.S. Mint will give a refund of $130 to those who possess 2004 U.S. Mint Lewis and Clark Coin and Pouch Set. how do you think, is this a lot of money or not? how many 2004 U. S. Mint Lewis and Clark Coin were minted?

The refund pertains only to those pouches that were made by the one Shawnee Tribe from Ohio. Apparently, they were not officially recognized. Personally, if I had one or more of the "unauthorized" sets from this tribe, I would keep them. It isn't often that you can keep something from the U.S. Mint where they have stated, "Oops! We made a mistake. Give it back!"

Chris

The refund pertains only to those pouches that were made by the one Shawnee Tribe from Ohio. Apparently, they were not officially recognized. Personally, if I had one or more of the "unauthorized" sets from this tribe, I would keep them. It isn't often that you can keep something from the U.S. Mint where they have stated, "Oops! We made a mistake. Give it back!"

Chris

SHHHH they may be watching.

Does anyone here have one? Did they do a good job? I understand the workmanship of these pouches varied from really high quality to total .

When I made the quoted post I didn't use the word "spoon". I guess they elected to substitute it for the word I originally used.

Does anyone here have one? Did they do a good job? I understand the workmanship of these pouches varied from really high quality to total .

When I made the quoted post I didn't use the word "spoon". I guess they elected to substitute it for the word I originally used.

Yes, Perry, we do have a limited degree of censorship on the boards. Personally, I think it is a good thing because we do have some younger members and some females, too. The only problem with that censorship is that if you use the "QUOTE" checkbox to reply to it, you can see the actual words that were used. So, what good is it? (shrug)

A couple years ago, I purchased a fairly large collection of Morgan's, Ike's Kennedy's and Proof Sets from an elderly gentleman in my neighborhood, and it included four of the Coin & Pouch Sets. Of the four, only one of them had really nice beadwork. The designs on the other three were rather simple and uninspiring. When the Mint sold these, you didn't have a choice. You had to take what they gave you. Fortunately, I was able to resell these for a reasonable profit.

Chris