• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1876 Centennial Medal HK-50

6 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing, Vic. That is one of the most interesting SCD's I have seen. Very beautifully detailed. Did you buy it? If so, great buy. I have an SCD at NGC now. Hoping for an MS grade.

Perhaps this is rare since I haven't seen them often but I was surprised at the close price of $611.00.

NGC MS62PL

Victor, I believe this is the HK58. It shares the same obverse as HK48-51. It is considered rare with 51-250 pieces known.

Chris

I didn't buy it although I like the centennial medals, a lot! I have three different ones but not that one.

Chris, I don't have my H-K book unpacked so I'm not sure of the designation. The ebay auction called it a 50.

Besides, I think this is AU because of harsh cleaning. Maybe technically a 62 but it does lack eye-appeal apart from the design.

I didn't buy it although I like the centennial medals, a lot! I have three different ones but not that one.

Chris, I don't have my H-K book unpacked so I'm not sure of the designation. The ebay auction called it a 50.

Besides, I think this is AU because of harsh cleaning. Maybe technically a 62 but it does lack eye-appeal apart from the design.

Sorry, I meant HK58, Gilt. The obverse of this one depicts a scene within a fort that includes two soldiers and a woodsman; above is the"all-seeing" eye surrounded by a star with rays between "American" and "Colonies". HK50 depicts a building on the reverse with "Birthplace of American" along the rim above it.

Chris