• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 Silver Eagle Set out of Control!!

8 posts in this topic

That is crazy money for the silver. I bought a 3 piece gold set and sent them in sealed to PCGS and got a PR70 on the reverse proof. I got $7K for the set. What is mind-boggling is that the silver is bringing close to the same money as the gold set. :screwy:

I have a silver set, I think that I will send it in and roll the dice.

I read where this ebay seller was scammed out of $7K, has done everything possible to recover the money but has still not seen justice served. It is pretty disgusting to see the scammers bulking tens of thousands of dollars from people and getting away with it with no repercussions.

This is a good idea to protect oneself from such scams:

I would like to see Google or some other major player get into the online auction market. Ebay could use a little competition... especially by a company who can crack the code on truly secure transactions. The Korean online auction sites use a holding company that holds the money until the goods are delivered to the buyer. Once the buyer confirms receipt, the funds are released to the seller. The seller ships the item with return receipt, so if the buyer claims non-receipt, the seller can contest with proof of delivery. I'm not saying this is a better system... it's slow and more labor intensive for both buyer and seller... but it appears to be more secure.

Use Paypal and not transfer money to the persons bank account. That is one of the oldest scams. There was no fee for the buyer so I just don't understand!!

That is crazy money for the silver. I bought a 3 piece gold set and sent them in sealed to PCGS and got a PR70 on the reverse proof. I got $7K for the set. What is mind-boggling is that the silver is bringing close to the same money as the gold set. :screwy:

I have a silver set, I think that I will send it in and roll the dice.

You might want to give it a try... I just sold a sealed silver set, unopened from the Mint, for $750. I paid the $100 to the Mint!

This is a good idea to protect oneself from such scams:

I would like to see Google or some other major player get into the online auction market. Ebay could use a little competition... especially by a company who can crack the code on truly secure transactions. The Korean online auction sites use a holding company that holds the money until the goods are delivered to the buyer. Once the buyer confirms receipt, the funds are released to the seller. The seller ships the item with return receipt, so if the buyer claims non-receipt, the seller can contest with proof of delivery. I'm not saying this is a better system... it's slow and more labor intensive for both buyer and seller... but it appears to be more secure.

There used to be a service like this many years ago, but they went out of business when eBay and PayPal started offering fraud detection and reimbursement. Unfortunately, I forgot the name of this service.

Scott :hi:

Use Paypal and not transfer money to the persons bank account. That is one of the oldest scams. There was no fee for the buyer so I just don't understand!!

I was recently scammed on ebay for a series of books. Total cost was $392 but paypal only reimbursed me $200.

Sorry about that, that is one reason that I rarely spend more then $200.

I must have purchased for the seller before and then I will spend more than $200.

I think when you see the selling prices like that on ebay you should take it with a grain of salt some are real but most are Spoons selling to one another.No money changes hands it just a way to get suckers into paying more .Feel sorry for the person who later need the money and goes to a dealer and is offered $599.00 if their luckey

IF you need a set orosanto.com got ms70 pr70 rp70 ngc cert sets for $1899.00 ea

or not cert for $599.00

I would never believe an Ebay price unless I saw the money change hands in person