• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albanese Rare Coins Market Report

8 posts in this topic

Greetings, This past week we acquired a nice hand picked selection of coins which is on this newsletter after the market insight: Well, fall is here and the slow summer time is over finally. It seems every summer the coin market slows a bit because people are on vacation, relaxing, and not worrying about spending their extra money on coins. But for the ones who do pay attention and find opportunities during that time are the lucky ones. September and October seem to always give me a foreshadowing look at whats to come for the next 8 or 9 months, and I have to tell you its going to be a fun year. As most of you know we sold two amazing proof eagles, the 1804 plain 4 certified by NGC as PF65 star Ultra Cameo, and the 1838 King Farouk specimen certified by PCGS in PR65 (if sent in for designation I believe this would come back DCAM). The total for both was $6.7 million, this price shows me how stable and strong the market truly is, it shows me how more and more people are becoming educated on rare coins and viewing these historical masterpieces as a very safe place to put money. And why not? People buy historical paintings for millions of dollars every year, and not just paintings but all antiques and even earths minerals. Coin collecting is becoming more and more mainstream everyday as you see it on the television selling coins on places like home shopping network etc The state quarter program was and is very popular, an idea which is bringing the next generation the children into this great hobby. Its real life treasure that is out there, like the 1804, a coin with such a foggy background made it so much fun to investigate and bring to life the facts, it made me feel like a modern day treasure hunter. The market itself is showing great strength as gold is hovering over the $740 mark, thats amazing and silver is staying above the $11 and $12 mark. Proof gold coins are almost impossible to find as well as eye appealing silver type, proof and business strike. We are lucky because we have placed so many rare eye appealing coins in the past and when we need to we go to our clients and offer them a nice profit which in return gives us a nice inventory to put back into the market. Undervalued coins I think right now that would be good to buy are the following: Silver and Nickel: Early Mercury Dime FBs, all commemorative coin in MS66 and MS67, proof Seated and Barber material, and Liberty nickels (Proof and business strikes) Gold: Indian half eagles and eagles, Capped bust gold. My advice to buyers right now, have patience and buy up any nice eye appealing coins that are might be under graded, and any nice proof gold you can buy because they are becoming so scarce that their prices will be jumping astronomically I think in the next 1 to 2 years. Enjoy and happy coin hunting! Dean Albanese www.coinace.com

But what does all of that indicate for the small time collector? Most of us can't afford anything close to a King Farouk historical coin. Is he advocating a trickle down effect? just curious as to what others here might think.

i happen to STRONGLY agree with the proof gold part of the report

and some proof gold coins are good a few even better and even a few more way better than the first two........... you got to understand and know what you are LOOKING AT

................and..........................

PICK THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF so to speak

Are we certain the 1913 V nickels were minted at US Mint facilities?
Where else would they get the dies that have struck what authenticators believe are genuine coins? Also, the planchets are considered the correct metallic content.

Scott :hi: