• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay rule violation or not?

11 posts in this topic

Hello, all. Would this be a rules violation on Ebay in regards to sellers inability to give an MS grade to coins in the title bar?

Ebay auction

PS-by the way what have I done wrong adding the URL? I did it using the "create a link to webpage" button but it printed the address rather than just the site name. My goof I guess.

For what it is worth-I filed another complaint of 10 violations plus many more. All auction #'s were listed in the complaint so even their smartest people may be able to find them.

This powerseller must be above the law since I reported him last week and the auctions remain

http://stores.ebay.com/Wepayauctions_Coins_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ2QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Anyone else want to complain to the powers that might be?

The problem, letting this seller get away with stating a (supposed) grade in the title, is compounded by the fact that his return policy excludes differences of opinion where the grade is concerned.

Chris

So, I took a quick look at his auction list, and unless some were removed, I am trying to figure out the problem.....

He says "AU" or "BU" in the title (that's allowed). In the auctions, he states "I grade this a MS67" (or whatever). That's allowed.

I see raw coins and I don't see "precise grades" just grade categories which, to my understanding, is allowed.

Is there a removed auction where a title had something like "MS67" in it?

Well by golly, ebay does listen. He has changed all the headings of his auctions. Nearly all of the auctions before stated MS67 or another grade that he made up for the coin. Congrats to all who complained to ebay and forced their hand on this "powerseller" A victory for the hobby methimks

Since terms such as BU and Choice Uncirculated are not a part of the official ANA Grading Standards...all mint state grades are numbers...we don't see how not allowing honest sellers to properly describe coins helps the situation. A coin correctly described as MS-63 gets pulled, but a polished XF called "Gem Uncirculated" is OK.

Nor do we understand the delight that some take in getting an auction pulled if both sides of the slab are not shown, even though the serial numbers and pertinent info are on the FRONT for PCGS and NGC.