• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perfection poll

I then realized...why bother? You can't improve upon perfection.  

99 members have voted

1. 1. I then realized...why bother? You can't improve upon perfection.

13 posts in this topic

I have an NGC/PCGS AU 50 Bust Half, which, to me, is perfection...but then, I thought of 'upgrading' it when I came accross a very eye appealing higher grade.

I’m clueless. I do have an 1830 small 0 bust half that is in an AU50 PCGS holder. It’s completely original – yeah I said it – completely original. I’ve never thought of upgrading it. What would the upgrade be?

Here is my coin in question. It’s an old picture that I have to re-image but my collection is going through a makeover and I’m waiting to see what I have when the dust settles. In any event, I can’t imagine an 1830 small 0 that I would like better…but maybe that’s just me.

1830.JPG

I also think I know what you mean, but there is also nothing wrong with adding another wonderful coin to your collection since, after all, the new coin doesn't have to replace the coin you already own.

I understand your point completely. I have slowly been assembling a Walker Short Set of MS65 and 66's...and even though the price difference is not significant between this 64 and a 65 to replace it {it's a 42-S}, I just love this 64 with the soft golden color nice luster and subtle blues and purple around the head of Liberty..this coin although a bit weak in the center fits very nicely with the "higher grade" coins in my set..

46370-MVC-334S.JPG.24205eed378887fc24f348703450f2e3.JPG

46371-MVC-335S.JPG.eddccd38b6fb4e2f8b3bb12f7ccae803.JPG

Very well put Tom and I totally agree, in fact in my eyes, each coin is unique and individual.

Yarm,

Each time I see that coin, I am amazed at the beauty of it and yes I would say that is as about as close to perfection that one could imagine for that one.

Rey

That's a great looking crusty-busty. I think I know what you mean about perfection - it's different for everyone. To me, crusty original 200 year old XF40-AU58's represent that.

Here's my perfect coin, in all of it's die-corroded, off-centered, planchet-flawed glory:

1814guad8r-full.jpg

~Roman