• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oppinions on State Quarter

10 posts in this topic

hey gang... Im usually pretty spot on on errors... but this one has me a little confused.. I think its post mint.. but I wanted to post it here for some opinions or to something im missing... I was told by the lady that found it that it came out of a orange and white mint wrapper... but i wasn't there to see it so i cant vouch for it..

2ij23hg.jpg

2yv0vip.jpg

551074.jpg

doxf6e.jpg

I want to say post-Mint damage, too. What is puzzling is the fact that I would expect to see greater destruction of the devices in the affected areas. Also, there appears to be no damage on the obverse where you might expect to see some of the devices flattened from the force of someone hammering the impression onto the reverse.

It looks like the foreign object might have been some sort of retaining ring. Is it embedded in the coin?

Chris

I would have expected a great disruption of the obverse if this were post-mint. Although I have no idea what it might be, it could be one mother of a strike-through (although that would have obliterated the devices, as Christ mentioned.) Huh. That one is weird.