• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The latest from Les Fox.................

33 posts in this topic

Les:

Is there anyway to do a test run of a few hundred cards, go to a few major shows (e.g., Baltimore, FUN, an ANA show, etc.) and test the interest? Some could be given out as samples, others would be on display where you can "sign up" people who would be interested in more information or obtaining notification where and when they can be purchased. If you can produced a couple of hundred names, that may be enough to convince someone.

Gee... if you do this and it works, do I get a "fee" for my idea?? hm

Scott :hi:

Scott: I produced 1,600 sample cards + 200 Lucky Penny cards for $10.000 + another $10,000 for ads & mailings. Sent to over 100 very influential people. Everyone loves the cards, but the actual product can't be done on a small scale to sell for 50 to 60 cents per card in 10-packs with rare coins & prizes. I don't do things that are just okay. These are the most beautiful coin cards imaginable, the final product will have gold and silver foil overlay printing on 16 point stock. Keep your fingers crossed. I may be able to pull this off in the next year or two. I guarantee you all the people who are not sure of the merits of these cards will change their mind and love them & collect them. Plus, they will bring fresh blood into the hobby. By the way, I also sent samples to the U.S. Mint but they told me they don't work with outside vendors even though they like the concept. Series 1 includes a complete set of all 90 St. Gaudens Eagles & Double Eagles. Both sides of the coin are on each card about 2" in diameter. Check out the details on my website at www.EaglesOfAmerica.com. Does anyone know Steven Spielberg? Just kidding! Les

Good luck with your endeavor, Les, but I'm still too old to try to put together a complete set one pack at a time. I would rather buy them all at once so I would still have a few years to enjoy them.

Chris