• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any one hear of ebay seller..."paulb_coins"

7 posts in this topic

...I'm watching one of his auctions. He has 100% feedback and a decent return policy... I'm just wondering if any of the board has purchased anything from him...Thanks

Leo

I read through most of his feedbacks as both a seller and a buyer. He seems to sell mainly raw stuff and the occasional slabbed piece. Nothing is really popping out at me... am I missing something??

L

The only thing negative I see about this seller is the seller states that the seller is not responsible for lost items in the mail if the buyer does not buy insurance. Then says pay with paypal-both paypal and ebay have a pretty definite policy on nonreceived items and the seller is at risk anytime they ship an item. Greg, correct me if I'm wrong as I am sure you will know mmore about this as large a seller as you are.

If they ship via PayPal it will add delivery confirmation but insurance is optional and not required. I have the same statement about insurance in my auctions.

I use that insurance statement also.

With Paypal, you're protected as a seller if:

Under $200, you use Delivery Confirmation

Over $200, you use Signature Confirmation

It amazes me that the person who buys a $25 item buys insurance about 50% of the time.

The guy who spends $500 almost never buys insurance. doh!

I use that insurance statement also.

With Paypal, you're protected as a seller if:

Under $200, you use Delivery Confirmation

Over $200, you use Signature Confirmation

It amazes me that the person who buys a $25 item buys insurance about 50% of the time.

The guy who spends $500 almost never buys insurance. doh!

You may be protected from fraud with that policy, but you aren't protected. What happens when that guy who buys the $500 coin declines insurance, you buy Signature Confirmation only and the coin gets lost in the mail? PayPal won't cover you for that. Insurance protects the seller and I always add it into my shipping fees up front.