• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fall ANA Board Meeting

3 posts in this topic

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that they would like to bring to the attention of the ANA Board of Governors, I will be at the Oct ANA meeting and I can bring your comments to the attention of the Board.

What does the BoG plan to do to publicly recognize the contribution of David Lange in donating the profits from his book “History Of The United States Mint and Its Coinage” to the ANA? If they are going to do anything, when will they do it?

This was an exceptionally generous act on the part of one of the best writers and researchers in numismatics. The ANA, if it is really representing collectors, needs to make a significant effort to show its appreciation.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that they would like to bring to the attention of the ANA Board of Governors, I will be at the Oct ANA meeting and I can bring your comments to the attention of the Board.

Sure... every time there is an initiative for the ANA, whether it is something to improve today or consider for tomorrow, committees are formed that consists the same cast of characters that seem to always be on the scene. While many of these people very good ambassadors, how does the ANA expect the organization to evolve if new people with new ideas are not introduced to the issues? What opportunities are there for those of us who are not part of the "establishment" to lend our support and expertise to the benefit of the organization?

The ANA BOG has to recognize that all of its members are not professional numismatists. We are not amongst elite economic groups who will donate thousands of dollars to the ANA. We are working people who are collectors with various backgrounds who would be willing to donate our time for the benefit of the ANA. The BOG should make an effort to reach out beyond the usual suspects to those of us interested.

Scott :hi: