• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday Victor EZ_E and Arch.

37 posts in this topic

Not much detail on Liberty or the eagle but very nice full rims. I'll have to say PCGS gave it a VG-8.

Good eye. PCGS gave it VG10, most likely because of the full rims. Apparently, when this coin was struck, most of the metal flowed outwards which would have left weak devices and fully struck rims. This could explain why the details wore the way they did but yet left such full rims (which is very unusual, of course).

It is interesting to see that "states" was originally engraved "stetes" and then corrected.

ebay link to coin

• Administrator
Happy Birthday to both of you. I got the perfect gift for Arch, the entire Lou Diamond Phillips collection including the extended Director's Cut version of Ambition:

That's just wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

fine 12+ in my book as weak centers and full rims but true fine 12+ wear wise

these early coins need to be explained and one grade listing on a hand struck 18th century coin with struck with extremely primitive mint equipment and production techniques and not much know how on the minters part ........so it is hard to quality such a beautiful coin with one grade on a holder