• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do'h! Just realized what I should have done.

8 posts in this topic

I had my first spouses relisted as BIN/OBO, when I sold them off the bay. I cancelled the listings. What I totally should have done was get my wife to use her account and make an offer of 1c, each. I could have had my relisting fees refunded instead of having to pay them.

Oh, well, live and learn. Maybe this will help someone else who's selling a coin.

Happens all the time. However, most just have other relatives with different last names, friends or neighbors do just that. Similar to a buying frenzy. When others see the start of bidding, for some human nature reason, they think they too must bid. I know several people that do that all the time. If they win, they just put it back up at a later date but as a general rule, with millions of people out there, it ususally works.

What I totally should have done was get my wife to use her account and make an offer of 1c, each. I could have had my relisting fees refunded instead of having to pay them

And if you both used the same computer and eBay noticed both of your accounts would be NARUed. Sometimes even going through the same ISP can result in temporary suspensions until you can convince eBay that the two accounts are unrelated. One guy got NARUed because someone else in his office building bid, unbeknown to him, on one of his auctions

Wouldn't you be out the listing fees either way? What relisting fees would be refunded -- you sold the coins so can't relist them? Ethics aside, I don't understand how your proposed solution would achieve your goal.

WH