• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howard Spindel's Shield Nickel Viewer

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone tested this software? If so, is it accurate and beneficial? It certainly looks it. I guess the fact that I am not smart enough to find a price for V 3.6 on his website, I shouldn't even be interested. Does anyone know if he wishes to sell the software or just show it? I would like to know the price if possible, but have looked all over his website to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

As the SNV website says, you can contact me by private email for any further questions about SNV (including pricing). Yes, copies are available for purchase. I am happy to answer any questions you have. My email address is at the bottom of the webpage in my signature line.

While I obviously hold a biased opinion in regards to my own software, I can tell you that I use SNV constantly for attributing shield nickels, both in my capacity as the attributor for PCI and in cherrypicking on eBay.

There is a user testimonial letter posted to the SNV website from IGWT, who is a frequent poster here.

You could also download the trial package from the SNV website in order to get an idea of what the program is like and whether it would be beneficial for you (and test it yourself on your machine).

The target audience is hardcore shield nickel variety collectors, and a number of such individuals who have purchased SNV have been delighted with it.