• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dooly and his risky bids "Yep i am at it again !"

12 posts in this topic

Hi all ..been hunting on eBay and found these lots of coins listed under other world coins from a jewelry seller !! could be a blinder but we will see how they are in the hand

loved the way that the seller stuck the coins down with sellotape lol

PS. there are a couple of USA coins in the lots as well.. anyone fancy a shot at trying to guess what the enlarged coin may be

Lot 1: $2.00

984a_1-1.jpg

Lot 2: $24.00

teapottwatberger.jpg

768e_1-3.jpg

? would you have had a go at these lots ?

:devil: dooly

Methinks the coin you are thinking of in lot #2 is a replica. I probably wouldn't touch either with a 10-ft pole :)

lol nice one Chad.. that's what gives me a buzz it could have a great big COPY stamped on the reverse if not it could be 400-500 years old.. come on mister post man drop it in my letter box !!!!

Is that a Charles I half crown? Can just make out the "REG" in the legend. If real then a great find! :)

Nice one koincollector... i was a bit mean as the photo of the coin is sideways in the sellers picture ;)

My guess is that it is a Class 4 Tower mint under parliament (1642-48) hammered shilling

hear it is right way up.. the legend should read CHRISTO AUSPICE REGNO but what has got me puzzled is the mint mark as i can find no reference to a Star as a mint mark only a Sun hm

teapottwatberger-1.jpgiiii.jpg

As for the condition of the coin the "under Parliament" coins are usually shaped like this due the poor quality of production