• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Shield and liberty nickels Errors cherrypicks ?

2 posts in this topic

Hi all .. got my latest eBay finds today and i am quite pleases with them .. what do you think ?

the first is a 1868 shield nickel which from the sellers pictures looked as if it was bent .. but its not Wahay! i have had a look through Fletcher for this CUD but its not listed as far as i can see also i am not 100% but the 1 in the date seems as if it could be doubled in a NW direction with a die crack running from the rim through the 1 to the ball !

Sellers images

COIN21.jpgCOIN20.jpg

my scans

CUD.jpgCUDr.jpg

CUDd.jpg

The second is a 1903 V nickel which was cheap hear in the UK and seemed in good condition in the sellers picture..

on closer inspection there seems to be a possible re-punch of the number 3 in a NE direction. also when you look at the coin upside down you seem to be able to see an impression of AL the numerals in the date.

this is not a series of coins i usually collect and when i looked through cherrypicker i was amazed at how few are listed..and could not find a reference to any 1903 errors..What grade would you give to this coin as i have no idea on these

V.jpg

Vr.jpg

V1903.jpg

V19032.jpg

thanks for looking