• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think I have Just found a Rare Moden Russian Coin. What do you think ?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all

i have been going through some coins i got of eBay a while back and found this 1956 10 Kopecks which seems to have the Reverse of the 1957 10 Kopecks 7 & 7 Ribbons on the wreath not 8 & 7 as the 1956 should have..

Q: is it what i think it is ?

Q: If so is it realy as rare as Krause says ?

Q: Is it Gradeable with the rim knocks ?

Q: If gradeable will NGC lable it as such ?

Rus.jpg

russ.jpg

Thanks in advance dooly (thumbs u

Cheers for that.. shame NGC would not slab it i would have put it in the collection ..

$30 great.. i worked it out it cost me 0.04p or 7 cents when i devided the cost of the lot of coins..

Ps. what is IMHO ?

Dooley,

I am confused. You say that you ran across this 1956 10 Kopecks, but the obverse has 1957 for the date. So the reverse for the 1957 would be normal.

Rey

Sorry rey i got it upside down (: i ment it had the reverese of the 1957 unlike the common 1957 which has the reverse of the 1956.. now you see why i was questining my identification of the coin ...

Q: should this be classed as a mule ?

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

More politically correct than IMO :)

Mule ? don't know.. a mule is defined as an incorrect pairing of dies.. it has the right date so I doubt they intended a different die do you ? ;)

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

More politically correct than IMO :)

Mule ? don't know.. a mule is defined as an incorrect pairing of dies.. it has the right date so I doubt they intended a different die do you ? ;)

IMHO i see said the blind man !

MULE dont know as the 1957 is a single year coin which you would think the they would have suck with the 1956 reverse but there is a 1956 with the 7/7. maybe there was a "dodgy" die made !

If it's only worth $30, why would you waste the NGC fees on it. Keep it, it is really cool. I don't have my Krause with me, but if it is as rare as you say it is, you will regret selling it later. Maybe it could be labelled a "transitional type."

If it's only worth $30, why would you waste the NGC fees on it. Keep it, it is really cool. I don't have my Krause with me, but if it is as rare as you say it is, you will regret selling it later. Maybe it could be labelled a "transitional type."

:hi:

Krause info "2006" : - F $50 VF $75 XF $150 UNC $250

as for "waste" its never a waste to have a coin put into a NGC holder in my eyes.. as it makes me keep the coin a lot longer than a raw coin lol $16.50 + $0.08 = $16.58...works for me

i wonder what the mintage was on these coins were ?

I have just sold a KM# 2801 2 heller Austria NGC F15 BN coin which people would not have bothered to have graded with such a low F price ($50) but it sold for £67.21 over $120. would it have sold raw for this much ?

this coin was also aqired in a job lot of coins for less than 10cents

f4a0_1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130151718175&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=003

i am going to keep it unless a gradeable Magdalen token comes up lol

P.s i totaly respect your opnions Please keep them comeing :headbang: