• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What type of coin do you consider a real challenge to collect

35 posts in this topic

Michael, could you list something that I can afford?????????????????

mike!!! you got to start savings butyou can get a killer x45+ original seated dollar but it will take tons of looking for like under 1000

and a killer au62 original killer original for like 1250++

prooflike with the au62 would be more.....................................

"What type of coin do you consider a real challenge to collect?"

Any R6, R7, & R8 Lettered Edge Capped Bust Half Dollar die marriage in any condition. (Repeat: die MARRIAGE, not die STATE. There is a distinct price/value difference between a very rare die marriage and a very rare die state.)

These coins only come on the market every 2 or 5 or 10 or 20 years.

When they do come on the market, you have to have already won the Lottery - and therefore the ability to pay for them - OR you have to be able to (in today's mortgage market?) quickly get a equity line on your home before some other Lottery winner walks away with the coin.

How about some Moderns?

1981-P and 1982-P Business Strike, Jefferson Nickels with "Full Steps"...I'm not even sure they exsist.

Oh, yeah, go ahead and throw the 1983-P in there also for a simpler challenge..

Nicely toned Peace $. When I started my collection over 5 yrs ago, dealers would look at me like I had 3 heads when I would walk up to their tables and ask.

Now, they all go geez I wish I had one and the dealers who do have 1-2 pieces and price them so high its impossible to consider buying them for their asking price when I already have nicer examples in my collection.

It really makes me consider selling off my dups.

Michael