• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts On This Isabella Quarter

12 posts in this topic

(shrug) Not my coin. This Isabella is Raw. Does that make it AT? It came back once from a Major TPG in a BB. Does that make it AT? I would like to think it toned in an album, but I'm just not sure. What's your thoughts.

ISqtrobv118948.jpg

ISqtrrev118948N2.jpg

The image appears to be overlit, which can make interpretation even more impossible than otherwise, but the way I think the coin would look in-hand is consistent with a look I have seen in TPG holders for this issue. Additionally, if it looks in-hand how I think it might then I would believe it has not been doctored.

Gut reaction...not natural.

Why? My eye was drawn to the edges (periphery) where there is no uniform color through out the rim and onto the dentils.

But...the centers are not devoid of toning which is usually a dead give away....so maybe it is natural.

It is a very nicely struck Isabella, just wish it did not have the colors as represented.

These are one of those great coins where I can say..."I just don't know one way or the other."

PS: It has that bogus Tradedollar looking colors :o

The pattern (as opposed to the color of) of the toning looks very much like what I have seen on numerous original toned Isabella Quarters. On the other hand, the color of the toning, particularly (the lilac) on the obverse, looks suspicious. I'm wondering if some artificial color might have been added to an otherwise originally toned piece.

Edited to add: Or if the color in the images might simply off?

(shrug) Not my coin. This Isabella is Raw. Does that make it AT? It came back once from a Major TPG in a BB. Does that make it AT? I would like to think it toned in an album, but I'm just not sure. What's your thoughts.

ISqtrobv118948.jpg

ISqtrrev118948N2.jpg

i agree with the AT. the color is just to uniform in some places however it's still an attractive coin even if it has been tampered with :)

The toning pattern is close to what I have seen on many Isabella specimens in TPG holders. Problem is the toning colors make me suspect this coin is AT. On the obverse, I do not like the lilac. On the reverse, the center color looks just a bit off. hm

A coin this expensive would usually already be in a TPG holder---IF he passed muster. I vote this Isabella AT. 2c

This looks like yet another one of those cases where it doesn't really matter (or in other words, there is no right answer). I have seen countless coins with identical coins in NGC and PCGS holders - and countless identical coins that got bagged.

Personally, I'm not too thrilled by it, but that's without any thought at all to AT or NT. I just don't care for the colors, regardless of how they got there.

from the crappy photo i can say thsat the coin frojm the crappy photo it is a NT coin

in hand more than likely NT but cant say for sure without seeing in person

bnut sure as sh*t looks natural and nice original toning to me

long time too................ over many decades