• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Show or dealers in the St. Louis area?

6 posts in this topic

I'll be in St. Louis from Sept 17th through the 21st. Does anyone know of a small show or a recommended dealer in the area? I'll be staying at the Parkway Hotel near Washington University.

Thanks

Leo

I believe that James has said before that he considers himself more of a collector than a dealer, but yes, he lives in the St. Louis suburbs and he could certainly steer you in the right directions.

Chris

I do live in the STL area. You will be 15 minutes from Scotsman, 10 mintues from Midwest Money, 15 minutes from South County coin shop, 25 minutes from Star Coins (in St. Charles), and there will be several other dealers within 30 minutes.

More importantly, you will be literally walking distance from the Eric P. Newman coin museum. Personally, I'd say skip the shops and spend two days at the museum. It's on the Washington Universe campus itself - a beautiful campus right in the heart of one of the best areas of St. Louis. You'll also be close to Forest Park - the jewel of St. Louis in my mind.

James,

I've never been to the coin museum but I grew up in central MO and used to visit the Muny opera in Forrest Park a couple of times each summer. I second your opinion that this is the best part of St Louis. --Jerry

James... Thanks!! My days at the conference (actually a training seminar) look to be pretty packed, but I'll definitely get away for a couple of hours and check out the museum. I'll save my money for a couple of auctions I have my eye on!

All the Best

Leo