• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1807 Bust listed twice. 2 different sellers. Same coin.

7 posts in this topic

I saw this posted across the street by AU58WALKERS and wanted to make sure it was seen by all.

The same 1807 Capped Bust Half has been listed twice on eBay. No doubt that it is the same coin.

Two different sellers, both from the same state.

What in the Heck is going on?

I don't know how to set up links, but here are the "addresses:"

Coin #1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1807-Capped-Bust-Half-Dollar-XF-AU_W0QQitemZ140152701454QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Coin # 2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1807-capped-bust-half-a-dollar-VERY-RARE-MUST-HAVE_W0QQitemZ290156486931QQihZ019QQcategoryZ11969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Please share your opinions.

Thanks,

Ed R.

russau2 (1st seller) has an 1807 Bust half with some pretty good pictures.

zabooberz (2nd seller) also has an 1807 Bust Half for sale with cruddy pictures.

zabooberz borrows a couple of images from russau2 adds them to his cruddy images and continues with the auction.

Clearly misrepresentation on the part of zabooberz because two of the images provided out of the the 4 shown are not the actual coin that is up for sale.

What is the answer?

Notify e-bay of these two auctions and let them sort it out.

Seller #2 has issued this statement:

"I want to appoligise these two pictures that were put in to my ebay were taken from google because i could not take a good picture of the coin because my camera was being fixed....ive put on real photos of the coin to show u all that i am indeed a true seller ...again i appoligise for any inconvience"

After he posted the new photos on his eBay listing, the listing was cancelled.

In looking at the new photos that he posted, they are so bad that I am gun-shy. There have been so many bogus 1807's floating around as of late that I am very cautious when I look at them.

...and the poor seller's new photos are so bad that you simply cannot tell if the coin is a real one or just another bogie.

I hope his photos improve when he relists the coin.