• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Attaching a pic w/o using URL?

33 posts in this topic

I posted picks of a couple of seated liberties last night. I edited both obverse and reverse into one picture first but that isn't necessary. First I added both images as attachments using the File Manager link and submitted the post. Then I right clicked on the images to bring up the properties. In the properties pop-up window the URL of the image appears (you already know this part). Instead of typing that in just highlight it with your mouse and copy it with "ctrl-c". Then edit your post, place the cursor when you want the image and click on the "enter an image" icon. At this point you can paste the URL in with "ctrl-v" and submit.

I did that with both of my attachements and then removed both images from the File Manager. Since they had already been uploaded to the boards server they appeared in my post but not at the bottom as an attachment.

It looks like you had everything already working except for the cut and paste part so that you don't have to actually type anything.

I want to thank you and Mike for your help...............and a BIG thanks to you for responding when you could easily have ignored the matter. (thumbs u

Chris

I posted picks of a couple of seated liberties last night. I edited both obverse and reverse into one picture first but that isn't necessary. First I added both images as attachments using the File Manager link and submitted the post. Then I right clicked on the images to bring up the properties. In the properties pop-up window the URL of the image appears (you already know this part). Instead of typing that in just highlight it with your mouse and copy it with "ctrl-c". Then edit your post, place the cursor when you want the image and click on the "enter an image" icon. At this point you can paste the URL in with "ctrl-v" and submit.

I did that with both of my attachements and then removed both images from the File Manager. Since they had already been uploaded to the boards server they appeared in my post but not at the bottom as an attachment.

It looks like you had everything already working except for the cut and paste part so that you don't have to actually type anything.

I want to thank you and Mike for your help...............and a BIG thanks to you for responding when you could easily have ignored the matter. (thumbs u

Chris

Just adding this to my Watch List!