• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My local coin shop (UK) has just got 70 morgans in !

7 posts in this topic

Hi all

Kid in a candy store..

my local coin shop has just recived 70+ morgans in today lots of dates and mint marks but i only had 17min's to look at them today as you are only aloud to park on that street for 30min's for £2 and you cannot return for 1 hour :pullhair:

so i plan to have a proper look and see if there is anything of intrest ASAP..

I did pick up this toned 1879 but i am unsure if the toneing is AT/NT its nicer in the hand than the scan but it was a rush buy..

1879.jpg

1879r.jpg

what do you think ?

Dooly,I think you got a nice EF Morgan...With some wild stuff going on...Are the cotton Balls doubled and on the reverse below the tail by the ribbon is there a Clashed "E"

Dooly,I think you got a nice EF Morgan...With some wild stuff going on...Are the cotton Balls doubled and on the reverse below the tail by the ribbon is there a Clashed "E"

Thanks for the comments.. its hard to tell through all the toneing i have notest that there is some dubbling to the letters in UNITED probably mechine !!

Dooly, why don't you find a place to park your car that has no time limit and take a bus or cab to the shop?

There is one thing that I have really been wanting to ask you about the coin shops in the UK. What would be a typical retail price range in the UK for common Morgans in mid-MS grades?

Chris

Dooly, why don't you find a place to park your car that has no time limit and take a bus or cab to the shop?

There is one thing that I have really been wanting to ask you about the coin shops in the UK. What would be a typical retail price range in the UK for common Morgans in mid-MS grades?

Chris

:gossip:

Thats my plan !

as for the prices there strange as it ranges from £10-£20 for any grade coin G-4 to MS-69 it has no relevence on the actual grade of the coin date or mint mark weather cleaned or toned...the dealer actualy asked me "what the little O was on the reverse of the coin!" and when i told him it was the mint mark he then asked "how many mints made the Morgan's" .. :insane:

so far this year i have picked up one MS-65 and four MS-64 and one AU-58 from him. all in the £10-20 price range

dooly

Chris

:gossip:

Thats my plan !

as for the prices there strange as it ranges from £10-£20 for any grade coin G-4 to MS-69 it has no relevence on the actual grade of the coin date or mint mark weather cleaned or toned...the dealer actualy asked me "what the little O was on the reverse of the coin!" and when i told him it was the mint mark he then asked "how many mints made the Morgan's" .. :insane:

so far this year i have picked up one MS-65 and four MS-64 and one AU-58 from him. all in the £10-20 price range

dooly

I should be so lucky!

Chris