• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Money Marketplace post editing poll in "Board Suggestions" - please read

20 posts in this topic

You have to admit that it gets annoying for the rest of us (or me anyway) that you play forum cop all day.

What is your freakin' problem with me anyway, Zach? If giving a friendly reminder to the occasional person who's in violation of the board's written or unwritten rules is being a forum cop, then fine, you can call me forum cop. If bringing up suggestions on the effing "message boards feedback and suggestions" forum is being a forum cop, then go right ahead and call me one. I've made contributions, I've put in the time, and I can talk about anything I feel like without having to justify myself to hypersensitive little peons.

You have to admit that it gets annoying for the rest of us (or me anyway) that you play forum cop all day.

What is your freakin' problem with me anyway, Zach? If giving a friendly reminder to the occasional person who's in violation of the board's written or unwritten rules is being a forum cop, then fine, you can call me forum cop. If bringing up suggestions on the effing "message boards feedback and suggestions" forum is being a forum cop, then go right ahead and call me one, you little spoon.

Damn, Michael!

He's right. Nobody else feels the need to police others. They could care less if someone starts too many threads in the marketplace, bumps their threads more than once a day, etc. You even get ticked off when someone posts an image too large for your monitor to handle! If you feel the compulsion to remind people of the rules, do it privately. PM them the friendly reminder, and spare the rest of us. It's very annoying when we're having a fun discussion in a thread and you come by with one of your "rules" or "friendly reminders." Give it a rest!

What is your freakin' problem with me anyway, Zach? If giving a friendly reminder to the occasional person who's in violation of the board's written or unwritten rules is being a forum cop, then fine, you can call me forum cop. If bringing up suggestions on the effing "message boards feedback and suggestions" forum is being a forum cop, then go right ahead and call me one. I've made contributions, I've put in the time, and I can talk about anything I feel like without having to justify myself to hypersensitive little peons.

Dear Mr. Forum Cop,

If you feel no need to justify your actions to me, why do you do so?

A Hypersensitive Little Peon

They could care less if someone starts too many threads in the marketplace, bumps their threads more than once a day, etc.

I'm not the only person who finds that annoying.

You even get ticked off when someone posts an image too large for your monitor to handle!

I don't get ticked off. A number of other people indicated that it was disruptive when someone posted a huge photo and caused the entire thread to scroll, making it unreadable. I have a rather large monitor; I was thinking of some of the people here with more modest systems. I don't suppose their visiting experience matters as much, does it? This is a non-issue today with the board upgrades.

It's very annoying when we're having a fun discussion in a thread and you come by with one of your "rules" or "friendly reminders." Give it a rest!

You don't like my tongue-in-cheek forum rules of thumb because you inspired some of them early on. You've improved a fair bit as of late. A number of other people have enjoyed them (Zach was one of them before he decided that he'd lost all respect for me as a numismatist and a human being because I had an argument with someone else).

As for the friendly reminders I have on rare occasion posted - a number of other people besides me have posted similar notes. Frankly, I think it serves to make the board community better if someone occasionally points out that the forum managers request that sig images not be over-large or that the unwritten rule is that threads not be bumped many times per day.

Come to think of it, I remember helping you out by photoshopping you a sig image or two in the past, which at the time you were grateful to have. You and Zach act like I'm a board Nazi or something. If you feel like that, why don't you both just ignore my posts and you won't have to worry yourselves about me any more. I'm sure there are plenty of other people on this board who have appreciated my posts in the past that will continue to make my time spent here more than worthwhile.

Michael, I'm not meaning to make this sound personal. I think what you're trying to do is a good thing, it's just not your job. We need to have order around here, but that's what the Administrators and Moderators are for. If someone finds something wrong with the forum, it's not your job to try and fix it. I know you're just trying to help, but I'm pretty sure the great paid people at NGC don't need your advice. Some new people need help, and some long-time members need reminders, but, as I said before, do it privately.

"I am not a Forum cop"

YET I R 1

A Kindly suggestion Michael - Keep your posts coin related.

I personally try to supress your angst by editing my posts as YOU seem fit and then say I AM NOT A FORUM COP !!

Hmm let me remember a big stink about stars ********

Hmm let me remember a big stink about size of pics ********

Hmm let me remember a big stink about multi posts on the marketplace ********

I am not one to 'vent' but i wanted to say a few things which is NOT usual for me!

A Kindly suggestion Michael - Keep your posts coin related.

"I rest and ponder the thoughts & issues just convey'd and and am unusually

at a peaceful restful place - I like it!"

m

PS - A side note - I think and voted for a change in the marketplace ONLY for editing rights to be unsurpressed!

RIGHT LADY'S I AM NOW GOING TO PLAY POST COP..

NO MORE person_without_enough_empathyING OR ITS GOING TO BE Laguna_Handbags_Large_Carpet_Black_.jpg AT DAWN !!!!

So play nice Please

:jokealert:

Michael, I'm not meaning to make this sound personal. I think what you're trying to do is a good thing, it's just not your job. We need to have order around here, but that's what the Administrators and Moderators are for. If someone finds something wrong with the forum, it's not your job to try and fix it. I know you're just trying to help, but I'm pretty sure the great paid people at NGC don't need your advice. Some new people need help, and some long-time members need reminders, but, as I said before, do it privately.

Chad, you've posted the exact same sorts of things you and Zach are riding me about. For example

I'm also unable to understand why you write that "the great paid people at NGC don't need [my] advice..considering they have a forum devoted to BOARD SUGGESTIONS?

jgrinz - I'm afraid I just don't completely understand your post. From what I do understand, you're criticizing me over the stars thread (someone was harassing me and I was trying to get them to lay off), the pic size thread (not a stink, I was reminding people that many users here were having trouble reading posts because of large inline images) and the multi-posts thread (again, not a stink, just a friendly reminder - just as the PCGS boards have had up for years).

This whole discussion came up because Zach likes to get in little pokes at me. He's mad at me because I had words with MikeKing. Zach has no respect for me as a person (his words), so he feels better by calling me a forum cop. It's really quite passive agressive and it annoyed me.

NO MORE person_without_enough_empathyING OR ITS GOING TO BE Laguna_Handbags_Large_Carpet_Black_.jpg AT DAWN !!!!

So play nice Please

Oh damn, Dooly's got the woman's handbag, guys. It's time to scatter now! :cry:

So play nice Please

Oh damn, Dooly's got the woman's handbag, guys. It's time to scatter now! :cry:

Aint that a MAN BAG in the UK .. confusion is upon us .. be on the look out!

RESPECT THE HANBAG OF FEAR !!!!!

AND WATCH OUT OR THE PINK HANBAG OF DOOM WILL BE UNLEASHED !!!

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED lol

jgrinz - I'm afraid I just don't completely understand your post. From what I do understand, you're criticizing me over the stars thread (someone was harassing me and I was trying to get them to lay off), the pic size thread (not a stink, I was reminding people that many users here were having trouble reading posts because of large inline images) and the multi-posts thread (again, not a stink, just a friendly reminder - just as the PCGS boards have had up for years)

"Keep your posts coin related"

Forward your problems with the forum to NGC Forum moderators - I do not want to hear them ... ( If you have something to comment on PM me at will )

Your Poll on the Marketplace is commendable and voted for ... Please keep up this thought processes as some will advance the forum and its participants involvement in it.

You have taken some petty issues and expanded them into an uproar and is not wanted and needed here. You mentioned PCGS .. feel free to particpate in this fashion over there ... with that I rst again and will not futher participate in this

thread ...

With regards and respect ..

Mike

Hmm let me remember a big stink about size of pics ********

Hmm let me remember a big stink about multi posts on the marketplace ********

You know, I'm sorry, but calling those two threads "big stinks" really is completely over the top. How exactly do you read my initial post and get "big stink" out of it? My threads were polite, simple, and were supported by a number of people who replied. You say that I took "petty issues and turned them into an uproar", but that's not what the posts reveal. If you want to demonstrate to me how I caused an uproar with the following two posts, please do so.

Please don't include large pictures in your posts!

Reminder: Please limit multiple offers to one thread

I'll further add that the post about the stars was rather vitriolic, but nobody is forcing anyone to read my posts. You can even ignore me and not view my posts at all if you want.

If I may say so, there have been very few posts by anybody that I've found annoying. I appreciate the occasional "forum cop" that others take on from time to time. Hearing about what other folks find annoying can help make the boards better.