• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A really, really, REALLY nice piece of gold...

16 posts in this topic

I caught this on Evan Gale's site, phoned him up, concerned about hairlines, wiping and artificial toning, but got this coin today and I have to say that it's marks are consistent with the grade, the toning is absolutely magnificent and I wish, just wish I could show you all this coin in person. It is amazing. And after seeing thousands, literally, thousands of gold pieces in Milwaukee that have that yellow, dipped, terribly wiped hairlining that is bad enough to just turn you off to gold. Then, something like this comes along. What a breath of fresh air. Hope you like it!

The photos are entirely unretouched or adjusted.

589a93256075b_42511-18435Obverseenlarged.JPG.13e02728b2c7be628574784c387819a4.JPG

589a932563c52_42512-18535reverseenlarged.JPG.b21b54bc4aa282e35fd383bf49b8752f.JPG

Wow Mike K what a really,really,"REALLY" nice old crusty, not messed with,not abused, or molested, piece of gold. :luhv:

And whatever superlatives that I can't think of ,that describe that beauty. :applause:

Mr. King, That's a very pretty coin that I would be very happy to own. Congrats...Mike

p.s. If you don't mind my asking, what did it grade? Also, is the reddish-orange color shown in the photos as it is in-hand?

the coin grades ms60, it's in an old fattie holder and I would suspect a slightly higher grade if graded today. The color you see is as it is, though, I'm not capturing the depth, richness and luster embued through this toning. I was asked if it was as dark as it is in this photo. Well, yes. Also, the unmarked surfaces within the devices are as photographed, and nicer and more obvious in hand. an amazing coin I wish you could see real time.