• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know nothing about USA coins *OFFICAL*

6 posts in this topic

What did i miss about this coin which has just sold on eBay in the UK i was thinking about bidding up to £45 for it but it went WAY over what do you think of this price and coin ?

should i have bid more or was i right to stop my self ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170134857605&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

7546_1.jpg

74ff_1.jpg

Sorry Mark for some more cut and paste but it's best i can do ! :jokealert:

Dooly,

While this picture is not great to grade from, I would say this coin is at least VF and maybe XF, but well worth $220 to $320 according to grade.

You asked what you're missing. It's hard to tell what you're missing without knowing what you're seeing. What makes me agree that this is a $300 coin is the detail in the hair below the leaves and the eagle's wings, tail feathers, and feet. I also notice how strong the obverse stars are. In addition, the toning is very nice because it accentuates all the design elements. The only thing I might be concerned about are what look like some scratches on the reverse (the top part of the shield and from the Ls to under the mint mark).

I hope this helps.

It it isn't damaged then it is an EF40, or better, 1905-O Barber half dollar and this has a Greysheet bid of $245, but it is a better date coin and routinely sells in excess of its bid price.