• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ask NGC question

3 posts in this topic

Well, I finally got an answer to my "Why can't NGC give a better explanation for BB'd coins as they are paid for slabbing the coin yet do not" The answer I received was that they are too busy to do so. (shrug) Dang, how silly of me to not have thought of that. I feel so bad for them to be so rushed. I guess they must use the money paid to slab the coin that is BB'd and the time it takes for quality control and all else to offset their horrendus time snafu. I was sent to a booklet they now offer on their website called the "No Grade Booklet" which in all honesty is better than absolutely nothing and that I should take ANA's grading class. Huh, I've got plenty of time and money to go and do that, I just didn't think of it. Thanks NGC.

I can't wait to send my BB'd coins to CAC to see if they concur and give it a sticker. Would that work? Oh well, my rant is over about this subject. rantrant

No Grade Booklet

Although that still does not give a very detailed explanation(one or two words) all the coins that I have had returned BB'd were with a sticky note and hand written about 1x2 that said improper cleaning or scratches. I can see where this would save considerable amount of time than writing ten or twelve letters. A simple check mark and done.