• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Item number: 200139694838: The Holy grail of Lincoln cents

36 posts in this topic

I wouldn't pay that much until it has a CAC sticker on it!

That's improbable until there are at least a couple of new principles at that outfit. ;)

I am sorry, but that is WAAAYYYY too much for a piece of copper plated tin.....I don't care if it is a pop1

MM :o

HEY!!!!! it a piece of copper plated ZINC!!!!!!!!

....not that it really matters to me anyway.... zzz

Where do you modern bashers get off saying it isn't worth $75,000? There's only ONE of these. The PCGS Price Guide said Chain Cents sell for $57,500 in AU55, but there have to be a number of those.

For $75,000 i can think of a lot of prettier coins to own, and it's not even TONED!

Those chain cents in lowly AU55 will find a ready buyer if the coin is eye appealing. They have a history of trading at substantial levels and will continue to do so if accurately graded.

Not so for this copper plated zinc coin. For one thing, zink is more reactive over time than copper i'd think,......judging by how bad the modern cents fare in everyday use today. I think over time this coin will spot, and it's just not reasonable to expect otherwise.

...........and just knowing what it was aquired for would turn me off of this fishing expedition, which is exactly what it is. Someone with more dough than brains may pony up and pay close to the $75K asking price,.........but i'd doubt it's going to be a good long term investment. (for the NEW buyer, that is!)

..............remember that OTHER grade 70 (MS or PF?) penny that developed an unsightly spot down the line? Didn't PCGS buy that dog back?

it's not even TONED!
For $75k I want it to be blue! And don't tell me people don't have the gusto to take care of a coin with that kind of price ;):devil:

Well the way I see it only 196 people had 2003 -P cents graded at NGC.Makes me feel

at least 196 people have more money than me or maybe I should say had more.But even

now got me thinking of all thoughts rolls sitting in the hall closet hows 5 k a roll strike you ?

ONLY 3 BILLION 300 MILLION MADE HURRY WHILE THEY LAST