• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold coin question...

11 posts in this topic

I was thinking of buying it. I have been told it was 1 of 100. I was also told it is solid gold.

The reason for the post is to educate myself about it and its value.

Thank you for your help....

Got this from some research.

The Alaska statehood trade dollar of 1959 (gold-plated with Alaska gold) alone had a mintage of 100,000 pieces. By 1962 these pieces had become so widespread that an Act was passed prohibiting their issue, but they were not suppressed; a number of illegal pieces continued to be issued in ignorance of the law, and the token manufacturers who understood the rules simply modified the inscription on the tokens.

Also, whoever thinks it is gold may have been thinking of this one, which IS gold.

Found it browsing some old heritage stuff.

alaska.jpg

MM :popcorn:

To me it is not a question of authenticity as the collector who is selling this piece also has the largest collection of Alaska bank notes. His collection of these notes alone is in excess of $500,000. The coin is real and also very rare.

Thank you for the information you have provided but it is not relative to this piece as they are not one of the same.

did you look up HK-527? We'd appreciate you sharing your knowledge of this token with us. Do you have a manufacturer that you know its 1 of a 100?

To me it is not a question of authenticity as the collector who is selling this piece also has the largest collection of Alaska bank notes. His collection of these notes alone is in excess of $500,000. The coin is real and also very rare.

Thank you for the information you have provided but it is not relative to this piece as they are not one of the same.

As he that is "Learning the Ropes" I think Authenticity is of VERY HIGH Importance. These are knowledgable folks here and I would suggest taking some advise and research what they came up with and do your OWN due diligence BEFORE spending any cash wether its a reputable dealer/Person or not.

Good luck neat coin albiet Bronze/Copper or Gold

Do you guys know anything about this gold token/coin?

I know its 1 or 100 and it is solid gold. I want to learn more...value....purpose...etc...

Front

Back

Solid Gold Heh lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190132099515&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=190132585807&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

hm