• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multi holder questions ! with pictures

15 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have finaly recived the last coin for my 2007 silver set :applause:

The question is do i have to send them off to be slabbed and have them returned to me or will NGC grade them then Multi holder them ?

also will they put the coins in the order i reqest and Rev/Obv i reqire ?

here are the pictures of the £5, £2, £2 and £1 the £2 brittania is still in its pack !!

Enjoy!!

22r.jpg

22.jpg

212.jpg

2r.jpg

5r12.jpg

512.jpg

1r.jpg

112.jpg

:grin:

If all of the coins are "Crown" sized (e.g., 38-40mm), then NGC can do a 5 coin multiholder. You should ask them... but you may have to wait a week since most of them are in Milwaukee for the ANA World's Fair of Money.

Scott :hi:

Contacted NGC and they said no problem and i have posted them off should be back over in about 30 days

I cannot wait :sick:

One of the main reasons I renewed my CS membership was for the multi-coin holder. I saw some Sacagaweas in a PCGS multi-coin holder but they didn't continue making them, so NGC is the only game in town in that regards. And BTW, they do put some pretty big coins in them. I think thickness might be more of a problem than size (probably same limit as any other NGC slab).

morewidgets.jpg

Silver Eagle is 40.6 mm and looks like it has some room to spare.

I saw some Sacagaweas in a PCGS multi-coin holder but they didn't continue making them

Oh PCGS still has the multi-coin holder, the problem just seems to be being one of the favored people they will use it for. PCGS has had a multi-con holder for years (beginning about four months after NGC came out with theirs) but they never promoted it and the only people who were ever able to get it were large bulk submitters. Since the holders they never promoted never received many orders they considered them to be a failure and so they never made them part of their regular line. (Sort of a self-fulfilling prophesy) Now they just trot them out for the occasional big money promoters bulk submission.

22r.jpg

22.jpg

212.jpg

2r.jpg

5r12.jpg

512.jpg

1r.jpg

112.jpg

:grin:

:banana: :banana: WAHAY !! finally got them to quality control and i am chuffed with the grades:-

£5 PF 69 Ultra cameo

£2 PF 69 Ultra cameo

£1 PF 69 Ultra cameo

£2 PF 69 Ultra cameo

£2 Britannia MS 68 ( pleased with this grade as it was submitted in its mint packaging so i was unable to look the coin over before it was sent in)

should look nice in the Multi holder ?

and pendragon do you think there will ever be a MS 69 found for the 2007

:applause:

Congratulations on the grades - you did quite well for yourself! I'm sure eventually a 2007 britannia in MS69 will be found, but my gut feeling on that year of issue is that there won't be as many as most of the other years produced. Between the more tempermental brilliant finish and the way the holders were designed (open on the obverse!), the cards were stacked against the 2007s. MS68 is an excellent grade for the britannia. ;)