• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P Mint eBay Bust Halves

8 posts in this topic

This is probably a silly, stupid subject...

...but am I the only one who gets "bugged" when I see a Capped Bust Half in a bottom-tier TPG slab on eBay labeled "1827-P," "1834-P," etc.?

Why do they feel a need to make sure that we know the 1827 coin wasn't struck in San Francisco, New Orleans, Carson City, Denver, Charlotte, Dohlonega, or West Point?

Surely somebody at the bottom-tier TPG and/or the seller has seen, bought, opened and glanced at the Red Book. ...and if not the Red Book, they have at least taken or audited one class in US History.

Every time I see one of these coins listed I just shake my head and "fast forward" my little mouse as fast as possible.

Like I said. Stupid subject. I just wanted to share my feelings.

No response(s) necessary.

Regards,

Ed R.

okbustchaser...

...actually seeing "busted halve dollar" doesn't bother me. In fact it can be helpful

After all this may mean the seller is really in the Third World and coin may be bogus.

Ed

I think bad listings are useful, helps me winnow out search results. Misplaced ones are even better, I get it cheaper. I guess I'm one of those sniping, eBay bottom feeders though. Bad example for the rest of you, sorry.

I had a boss/mentor who had a saying "Stupid hurts!".

MGR!!! [Market grading, ROCKS!!!]

Despite my continuous efforts to correct her, my wife keeps telling folks about my “busted cap dollar collection.” At this point, I think she is just messing with me...

Despite my continuous efforts to correct her, my wife keeps telling folks about my “busted cap dollar collection.” At this point, I think she is just messing with me...

BrokenhatII.jpgBrokenHat.gif

Believe it or not, there is a "broken hat" variety in the collection arena, the 2 cent Columbian stamp. Look at the Columbus hat, in some, the hat is split.

There are times that a novice rather than a collector lists an auction and they have no clue as to what they are listing...to them it's just a job and not a passion.