• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why oh why?!?

5 posts in this topic

Why are threads that criticize PCGS necessarily pro NGC, and vice versa?

Across the street, Mr. Ostrich-head just accused me of posting Hoot's rant against PCGS as pro NGC. Personally, I just think it's a rant against PCGS.

It's not like NGC is perfect...

EVP

If I need to bash NGC, I will do so accordingly.

Waiting for a reason?

I'm pro-coins. Solid grading and solid customer service will help me pick the company I choose to "slab" my coins that I have graded, but I recognize that the absence of a specific slab does not detract from a coin.

Mr. Ostrich is an arrogant fool. Such people have the decided inability to simply read and understand what is said. His problem is that he thinks that he is in control of things he is not, e.g., the making of the coin market. This kind of person is so insular that they can't see the forest through the trees and will always impart an "us and them" mentality to every criticism they read.

Hoot

EVP,

Look through the Registry Forum across the street. I started a riot when PCGS weighted Type Sets. Arch still won't let me use polls here. wink.gif I wasn't being pro-NGC in that regard. Didn't even have an NGC coin in my collection at the time, so I agree wholeheartedly.

Some ostriches are doomed to keep their head in the sand forever.