• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Way to go Ken, with customer service!

14 posts in this topic

TDN, I think everything you post is brilliant too. I just needed to clarify my post. laugh.gif

PS - It's a good thing that I posted the same link as you did, even if I did so after you - mine is the one receiving the replies (some of which, admittedly, are from me and the others, which, are from you - what a team we make!) cool.gif

Hey, well I'll jump in here. You're both brilliant. But, Ken and NGC are super brilliant. To monitor not only their own board, but the one across the street too, shows great business savy.

Someone in the CU forum was talking about how great it is that CU gives us the opportunity to speak freely and critically. They were saying this as if we should feel indebted. But, I believe these forums, both NGC and CU provide an invaluable resource to the companies, if they expend the energy to monitor what is being said, or for that matter, what isn't being said.

Congratulations Ken and NGC for taking the time, and showing you care enough to make a situation right. No matter the dollar amount.

It just makes good business sense that if you are going to have instant feedback about your business practices that you watch what is being said about and respond to it in a timely manner. Even you disagree with what is being said often times a simple explanation will enlighten the masses. But ignoring a problem will undoubtedly lead your customers to believe the worst about you, unfortunate as this might be.

And if you are wrong a simple apology to a rational person goes a long way to developing customer loyalty. I'd hate to see PCGS falter because of the treatment afforded to their customers, will all due respect to NGC we all need the competition. I wonder if they have the time, the managerial ability or the inclination to become more responsive.

I doubt that any company would go under for poor customer service. Just ask Microsoft. laugh.gif

But if superior customer service helps NGC hit a perceived parity with PCGS, than it will be good in the long run.

It just makes good business sense that if you are going to have instant feedback about your business practices that you watch what is being said about and respond to it in a timely manner.

When was the last time PCGS did something that made good business sense?

Their regisrty? You mean like ignoring all the calls to allow NGC coins in it. I personally think their registry is a joke as are the CU people involved with it.

The IHC showdown was nice. However, it's not like that came up with the concept of displaying sets at a show. Was that a suggestion of the forum?

I bet their decision to break up the sets into variety/non-variets had more to do with knowing that the number of registered sets would increase because so many people who had one set would have two.

PCGS reacts to things. They don't think ahead like NGC has shown the ability to.

Registry -- quality support staff, but too many decisions made by someone who doesn't have a feel for desires of collectors (varieties, set compositions)

IHC -- hasn't the ANA displayed sets before, just never in a challenge setting? If it weren't for Stewart Blay "insulting" the Ally set, the showdown never would have occurred.