• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello new member here.

93 posts in this topic

Rick or Pop,

I am not the one being punished here. The coin is being punished. These people are punishing the coin. They fail to see the coin is rare and unique.Only tweleve known so far. What are the odds of the crack being in that location especially on a proof silver coin. The dies chances of cracking while it strikes silver are far less then if it were striking proof cladded coins, given the same amount of strikes.The tensile strength of silver is far less than that of the nickle alloy in the cladded coin.They are busting my chops here because they ain't got one.

BTW I have figured out how to adjust a race cars tire pressure while it is racing on the track. It is easy to do if they will let you.Air can be pumped in or vented off each individual tire if needed.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

we are busting your chops because you are a troll and a spammer. You make up all these things about the coin and tell people that they need to buy one for a rediculous amount of money.

I will gladly talk to you about the coin on the Marketplace postings if you would like.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Patrick T McNulty

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

Patrick, it makes no nevermind if there are only twelve of something, if the only person who wants it is the promoter. And, by all appearances and efforts on your part, if looks like not even you want to hang on to it.

Interesting. Pop: Twelve.

Collector interest Pop: zero.

So, the bigger question. Realizing this now, where do you go from here?

Patrick,

I would like to explain further but it needs to be talked about on the Marketing posts.If you would like I'll see you over there.

Patrick McNulty

KINGCOIN KING OF KOINS

I have an idea, since the "King" is finding that he is about to be overthrown from yet another domain:

Forget that you even know about the existence of these quarters and take on a new identity on these coin boards. Try to blend in this time and take the opportunity to learn from the vast resources provided. Over time, you could acquire a working base of knowledge that could be applied to your collecting endeavors. You may then develop views that are more consistent with the collecting community and you will not be nearly as vulnerable as you are now.

Instead, you were pummeled on the PCGS board and then subsequently crept into the Coin Talk board, not realizing how small the coin world really was. Instead of learning from possible mistakes that you made, you came to this board as naive to further peddle your trash. This can mean only one thing. YOU ARE, WITHOUT DOUBT, A TROLL.

If you would like I will talk to you about the rare silver proof coin on the Marketplace posts? This is not the place for it.

KINGKOIN KING OF COINS

How can someone so ignorant in numismatics claim to be king of coins? Do you even know what the King of Coins is? I can assure you it's not you. You might as well lay claim to the title of Emperor of the Universe. A crown just as useless as the one you have now. Be gone Trollboy--be gone. mad.gif

I challenge you to prove me wrong on this COIN in the Marketplace posts.Heres the deal. I will go away if you prove me wrong.Sound Good?

Pat McNulty

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

Hey Patty. I wasn't talking about that PMQ. Re-read my post. You seem to upset, anger and alienate people wherever you go. What does that tell you? You need to grow up and take a good long look at yourself. I, for one, would hate to have to be around you in any capacity -- friend or relative. You are an arrogant, self-centered, egotistical young man who needs to get a grip on life and learn when to shut up and listen. I am sure that neither this, nor anything else said to you before, will sink in but then there is always a glimmer of hope.

Coinles or who ever you are????

All these traits that you mention are normal traits for modern man. Thanks for making me feel loved.If you would like to discuss the coin go over to the marketing posts and I will gladly discuss it with you.Remember, the bible says man is stupid that tells me we are all Neanderthals.BTW what is your name?

Pat McNulty

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

Okay, you are one Kingkoin.........Not even ONE of the many experts on the PCGS, the Coin Talk and now the NGC boards have agreed with any aspect of your premise and your perceived value of these quarters. Again, since you are so dense, NOT ONE. This is further underscored by your inability to sell even ONE of these on ebay despite your numerous attempts and have even one person bid on them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1391691725

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=kingcoin99

You are a con-man. You have overstated and twisted the true source of attention to your quarters and used it to try and trick the naive: This was taken directly from one of your auctions:

"It has been up for auction now for 6 months and about 12 thousand people have viewed the coin."

You have also used statements that you could never support and is contrary to everything that you have been told:

"Why waste your money in the stock market at least you will get a return on your money here and won't lose it all." and "The value is sure to increase."

Furthermore, you contradict your own statement:

"Proof errors like this are EXTREMELY rare and unherd of." but yet you go on to say "This is 1 of 10 coins and quite possibly the only 10 in existence and may be more rare than a PF-70 coin."You just happened to be the only one to receive all of them from the mint and they have been heard of at least ten times. I have done a search on ebay for PF70 coins and received the following 54 hits in just one day:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=pf70&cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&ht=1&from=R10&currdisp=2&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&BasicSearch=

Of course, absolutely everyone could be wrong. Therefore, I would keep those away in the safe deposit box and set your whole retirement against them. Then, you can send us postcards from some exotic island that you bought a house on and laugh at us all.

There, now go away for good! A deals a deal. Or is your word as good as your quarters?

"Of course, absolutely everyone could be wrong." See your own words. So far everyone is wrong except for me. Show me two dozen of the coins.Then I will say I was wrong. BTW what is your name?????

Pat McNulty

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

Your point was pointless. As to my age you are clueless.Now on to your name.What is your name??? If I am a troll then why do I post my Name??????

Trolls don't want anyone to know their name.

Patrick McNulty

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

You are too clueless to understand. Oops, 42. You have also been informed the definition of troll. Again, clueless now with the inability to learn. My guess is you have a very limited amount of time on this board. You are running out of places very quickly.

I have not flamed you in any way. However, Could we sign a peace treaty or a cease fire in advance.Then all this madness.CEASE TROLLS. You guys are infectious. I don't want that cancer. Perhaps, a little shark cartlige would cure you guys?What is your name dude did we go to school together or something?

Pat McNulty

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

As I said across the street KK, stop responding to what you percieve to be personal attacks. 90% of the people on these boards do more reading and learning than posting. You may want to adopt that way here. You got off to a bad start there and here, but that can change if you let it !. But maybe you enjoy this conflict and tension ?????

Pat,

All I am saying here is, there are only twelve of these coins known so far. There may be more. If there are the only tweleve, who knows what the value would be for these proof silver coins? I have eight of them, Madmarty has one he paid $275.00 and Pat Bash has one and he knows of two others.Madmarty bought his from Jon Hicks ( sixshooter ) who now wants to but it back.

Pat McNulty

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

KingKoin,

I recently owned a population 12 coin in a popular series. 1976-P MS-67 Kennedy. You might argue that the population is a lot more than that, because lower grade examples abound, but the reality is that between both major grading services, only 12 exist.

Add to the equation that the coin is required for Kennedy collectors and for Type collectors, so the coin is in very large demand. The populations have not changed in over two years.

When I sold the piece, bidding was extremely strong, and it eventually sold for a high three figure price. This is a piece with an established market, and an equivalent rarity.

Error coins have a much more narrow market, and the demand for them is not as great. A PR-70 Massachusetts quarter would appeal to Type collectors and series collectors, but an error piece, while it may be rare (and you never know with mintages like they are), won't appeal to the Type collector because of grade, and will only appeal to those who collect state quarter errors in proof. So far, that market has not realistically materialized. Not saying that there may not be demand down the road, but for now, no one has shown definitive interest in it.

Keith,

Perhaps, you are correct.One guy I know of may even have a better coin than I. His is a pf-68. It would be neat if such an error coin could grade a pf 70. Maybe they should have a seperate grading system for error coins?

BTW thanks for the kind responce they are hard to come by.

Pat McNulty

KINGCOIN KING OF KOINS

Again, I ask you though- If you demonstrate there are three or four Collectors seeking these coins and apparently each NOW owns one of them, what to do with the other eight or so?

A "Low Population" coin doesn't make a rarity. You'de have to have nine other collectors wanting the eight you own to make them 'collectible'. Right now you own eight novelty items, until you can create a demand, that is all they are to everyone else!

Good point. That collector may very well be out there. Now, what is your best avenue of promoting this coin so that he (they) may find it?

Is it here on these Forums?