• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh My word - Just got verification from EBAY ...

7 posts in this topic

This is a spoof Email trying to get you to comment in sympathy OR to respond and say that he had not bid on anything of yours.

You do not want to hit the "Respond" button.

Watch out for this one - It ends up in your messages folder so it is probably a hacked account also ...

893whatthe.gif...

"Please be aware that Barry Kipling passed away on June 27, 2007. Please withdraw his bids."

This has happened to me before as well. EBAY is Poison in my books. You honestly do not know who you are dealing with there anymore. And God forbid you should try and contact customer service or practice due diligence and report someone spoofing, they always have at least two form letters that are automatically sent in response and they usually say yes you are correct and proceed to explain the ins and outs of spoofing and what Not to do.

I worry everytime I purchase anything on Ebay no matter how much security I use.

I have not always had a bad experience using Ebay, but I have noticed that it is getting extremely worse exponentially. You read somewhere that they are taking measures to alleviate matters, but I really do not see an end to this anytime in the near future.

I am getting off my soapbox now, but Ebay has just become a necessary evil to contend with.