• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another great auction win from James

9 posts in this topic

I received this 1878-S Morgan, VAM29 today. For those of you who don't care to collect Morgans (Believe me, you don't know how appreciative I am!) the VAM29 is a Tripled "Sagging Jaw". Thanks again, James!

1778356-IMG_1555.JPG1778356-IMG_1556.JPG

Chris

1778356-IMG_1556.JPG.a78b24f1562c12d1e1b06cacaabdd91d.JPG

Very nice auction James, I liked your write up. Hope all goes well for you-one of few. Some of us appreciate it. Hope you get some items up again soon. Great buy Chris. I believe that will be a nice addition to your collection. I sold all my Morgans in order to work on my Washington quarter collection which is 385 coins. Over half way there with an uncirculated set. Long way to go though, but it will be worth it to me and my son when completed. Just 25 more years and it will be a 100 year set of coins. Again, congrats to both of you.

James, I still can't believe there were no higher bids. According to VAMView, dealer sales reported for this coin are in the $600 range for MS63, and my max bid was substantially higher if others had bid. I just don't see the logic when some Morgans with no special attributes sell for 2x, 3x or more than what I paid for this. Are the people bidding on eBay just getting chintzy?

Chris