• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's have an outing party!

67 posts in this topic

Your comment to me was hostile. Your anger got the best of you, and the name-calling is also inappropriate. If you disagree with me, that's fine, just don't be hostile and abusive because of it.

"Name calling is also inappropriate"? What is this, kindergarten? Besides, I never once called you a name. I said your comment was moronic, which it was, but I didn't say you were a *spoon*. In fact, the only people I called a name were the Nazis, who I called bastards. I think that's actually an understatement.

I'm sure that day-to-day you're a pretty decent fellow. I just take umbrage to comments like yours that try and compare insignificant things like the buyer/seller lists here to something as horrific as the holocaust. You can look at it as either lowering the crimes of the Nazis to something as insignificant as these coin bickerings, or you can look at it as raising these bickerings to the level of the Nazi war crimes. Either way, that's completely outrageous!

You're quite right my anger got the better of me. Comments as ridiculous as that do make me mad. There seems to be this attitude (at least around my neck of the woods) that getting mad is a bad thing. Everybody's so afraid they're going to "offend" someone that they just pretend that they don't feel the way they feel. Well, the heck with that. Those smarmy little comments of yours made me angry and I felt like letting you know. If you had any real idea what the Nazis had done, you wouldn't go around making silly little comparisons to the goings on at the NGC boards. That's comparing grapes to gas giants.

And Chad, why am I not surprised you felt the need to chime in here? I'll step back from what I feel like stepping back from, and I don't need you to tell me when to do so.

Everybody's so afraid they're going to "offend" someone that they just pretend that they don't feel the way they feel

I fear nothing and no one! sumo.gif Errr..well I’m sort of a white knuckle flier, not really a fan of snakes, and I don’t swim where I think there might be sharks.

In all seriousness though Michael (Pendragon) I think you’ve said what you have to say on this subject. I think we can all move on. Maybe we should talk about coins some more confused-smiley-013.gif

Suits me fine. This has been a contentious week, it seems. I know I've been pretty aggravated - - but that's because everyone else has been aggravating wink.gif

I think I'll start a new topic about coins (the milk spot thread I started got some interesting responses)...

If you had any real idea what the Nazis had done, you wouldn't go around making silly little comparisons to the goings on at the NGC boards

I don't think my deceased family members lined up and executed by Nazis for political 'crimes' and put on various 'lists' to denounce them or those of my family that fought in the resistance would agree with you (in whatever heavenly plane they now reside).

Neither would my family members still living in Europe who had body parts and gut entrails strewn in front of their house as an almost weekly warning against recalcitrance,

Nor would my Dad (may he rest in peace) who was the only one in his family able to escape the Fascist regimes.