• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No prices on latest Gold eagles?

3 posts in this topic

First post (new user) smile.gif

I've started to build my registry of gold/silver eagles and noticed in the American Gold eagles, the last couple of years (2006 regular and W-mint and 2007) don't have any price info. The 2006 buffallo has a price but not the 2007.

Any idea why the price is missing? Is it because it's too early to get a price on it?

Also, meaning to ask this for a while now ... is it possible to add multiple coins of the same year, same mint but different grading? For example I have a AE Gold 2007 Set in MS70 and MS69... can I show them both in my registry?

Appriciate the help and I hope to be using this registry for many years to come smile.gif

EDIT: Should've mentioned that these coins (2006/2007 Gold eagles) are First strikes / early releases. I just saw a related post on another forum here (a little dated), but the reply said that numismedia doesn't grade first strikes. Would NGC then display the price for the regular coin? Since the first strike will probably fetch few more $, but atleast having a price there would give you an idea about your collection.

Keeron

Saw your post, and I had just asked NGC the question about multiple coins in the same date myself. The answer was we can't. What you need to do is start another set with the extra coins. As for the prices of the current Eagles, I used the price guides from the auctions. It at least lets you know what they're going for currently, then you can compare that to what some of the on-line dealers are asking for the same coins. Some of the auctions get a little pricey tho at times, but you can get some deals also!

Good luck,

eagle_keeper