• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Kudos for NCS

3 posts in this topic

I have sent over a dozen coins to NCS so far and have been very impressed with the results. Of the coins sent, only 1 has been upgraded (a PF64UCAM Ike went to PF67UCAM upon removal of pvc), but the rest have retained their grade while being significantly improved with the removal of pvc and other surface debris.

Recently, I sent two coins in to be conserved but not graded - one was a choice MS 1932-S quarter and the other a gem Ms 1943-P full step nickel. The former is a rather valuable coin while the latter is not. For the total sum of $21 (quarter and nickel), all surface debris was removed and the toning on the quarter was retained (very subtle gray). As for the nickel, NCS removed some very difficult toning from the reverse which I have never had any luck dipping off (black, scratchy appearing). To boot, they sent the coins back in Intercept Shield 2x2 plastic holders!

Very pleasing, very professional.

A note on NCS to NGC grading: I watch closely My Order status through the CS. If a coin is missing from the online report that shows other coins from a submission to NCS, I give NCS a call. This has thusfar meant that the coin was not conserved. They are very courteous in explaining to me why. In the case of 3 coins, I have had them go ahead and conserve them at the risk of downgrading the coin (but in my opinion improving the appearance and archival condition of the coin). They have been very easy to talk with and even with those coins, I have had excellent results.

Hoot

A note on NCS to NGC grading: I watch closely My Order status through the CS. If a coin is missing from the online report that shows other coins from a submission to NCS, I give NCS a call. This has thusfar meant that the coin was not conserved. They are very courteous in explaining to me why. In the case of 3 coins, I have had them go ahead and conserve them at the risk of downgrading the coin (but in my opinion improving the appearance and archival condition of the coin). They have been very easy to talk with and even with those coins, I have had excellent results.

Me too. I had one coin (ANACS) that they originally declined to conserve since the grade wouldn't likely be retained. For some reason they did this even though I stated on the submission form that it was OK even if the grade wasn't retained.

Anyway, a quick phone call and it was cleared up. They did an excellent job on the conservation.They removed some rubbery looking black gunk on the reverse and the rainbow toned obverse was unharmed. Beautiful! laugh.gif NGC then graded the coin the same as ANACS had (MS65).