• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1805 Draped Bust Dime 4 Berries

37 posts in this topic

Why wouldn't they?

They still offer the service, just don't advertise it anymore (I have no idea why... Maybe Phil can't handle the workload?)

That's my understanding as well. I hope it's still true. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Great coin Victor. I actually like the picture of it in the cracked holder the best. It seems to show of the skin better.

Mike, what was in that box? It looks like someone was trying to break out of that thing...and failed 893whatthe.gif

Winston, even though the image in the cracked slab is not altered, it doesn't look anything like that in hand.

Dude! I love your Draped Bust half! Dang, I want one... cloud9.gif

Dude! I love your Draped Bust half! Dang, I want one...

Come on Victor, you just got a new coin; let’s not get all greedy now... makepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You can’t be grabbing up all the good type coins, I need em! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif893censored-thumb.gif

This dime is one really cool addition to your type set, thumbsup2.gif your new dime goes well with the other early 19th century coins. I really like how your type set is coming along; you’re filling each type slot with good looking coins that are going well together. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Man… There’s quite a few coins in your collection I’d love to be putting in mine. cloud9.gif

Ok, I'm properly chastised. sorry.gif

NOT! insane.gif

Man… There’s quite a few coins in your collection I’d love to be putting in mine.

Ditto, brother. But, it seems that I am always eating your registry dust. tongue.gif I'm still a couple of hundred points behind you...

Man, you're lucky that I don't have an extra 15 grand to buy that 2003 MS70 cent. makepoint.gif

crazy.gif

Seriously, Paul, you and Lee both are my clones as far as our tastes in type coins go. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Kindred spirits we are. 893applaud-thumb.gif

James' attitude used to be my own but now I prefer the protection of a slab.

So, I won't do anything with it for a few months yet but I'll send it in for regrading along with some other coins eventually.

If you want to keep it slabbed, then I think it behooves you to have it reholdered immediately. Contrary to what they claim, PCGS plastic is NOT inert (actually, no plastic is), but stressed as it is from the damage, that allows chemicals to leach out even more freely.

I doubt anything will happen, but for a rare treasure like this, one ought not to take chances.